Need To Lose Some Extra Pounds?
The providers at Sweetwater OB GYN Associates understand that weight management and loss is a challenge for most people. With this in mind we have created a program that focuses on your individual long term goals to maintain not only a healthy weight, but also a healthy lifestyle.
Medically Managed Weight Loss Program
Our program gives you the advice and direction you need in order to reach your goal. We have created a successful regimen that includes nutrition counseling, exercise recommendations, fiber matrix drink, B12 shots, and appropriate prescription medications, for a weight loss plan that is achievable and sustainable for you.
We believe that the health of each individual is directly linked to the foods and supplements we ingest and the way in which we care for our bodies. We encourage each patient to participate in optimizing her health. We offer detailed nutritional testing with SpectraCell and we have investigated and highly recommend the products from Douglas Laboratories. We will be offering weight loss “boot camps” and eating plans especially designed for women, which will emphasize balancing your hormones, weight, and mood with a combination of diet and exercise and nutritionals.
Are All Nutritional Supplements The Same?
- Many over the counter (OTC) supplements contain only 10% or less of recommended daily nutritional intakes, for example
|One Source Multivitamin||5.8%|
- Purity is a paramount concern. Only supplements that comply with the stringent Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) for pharmaceuticals can prove purity and accurate labeling
Why Do We Recommend Our Supplements Over Others?
Douglas Lab supplements are GMP registered, with over 50 years at the forefront of the nutritional health industry.
They perform sophisticated scientific analysis to ensure the highest quality and purity of ingredients and are FDA audit compliant.
They perform comprehensive safety review of ingredients before they release them
Their state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities surpass GMP standards and manufacturing regulations.
Why Nutritional Supplements?
- More and More studies clearly show the benefits of different vitamins and nutrients in the prevention of cancer, heart disease, and other medical conditions
- Data compiled by the US Dept of Agriculture showed that at least 40% of Americans routinely consume less than 60% of the recommended daily intake for essential nutrients.
- After 20 years the American Medical Association completely reversed its anti-vitamin stance and now encourages all adults to supplement with daily vitamins; “All of us grew up believing that if we ate a reasonable diet, that it would take care of our vitamin needs. But the new evidence, much of it in the last couple of years, is that vitamins also prevent the usual disease we deal with everyday-heart disease, cancer, osteoporosis, and birth defects”. –Dr Robert Fletcher, JAMA 6-12-02
Visit Our Store
Weight loss isn’t just about diet and exercise. Properly balanced hormones along with vital supplements can increase your chance of success by creating an overall healthier you.
Access Your Portal
At Sweetwater OB GYN we are dedicated to provide the most comprehensive obstetric care based upon your health background. Our staff and experienced physicians have decades on the field that ultimately benefit each of our patients under any circumstances. We are here to make your pregnancy experience a remarkable each and every time. Call us today or make an appointment at 281-242-1400 and discover our state of the art facility that will make you feel at home surrounded by those you care.