Annual Well Woman Exam
A Well Woman Exam is your once-a-year visit to Complete Women’s Healthcare.
A well woman is recommended once a year for most women. The exam includes a breast examination, a pelvic examination and a pap smear but may also include other procedures. A Well Woman Exam does not include a discussion of new problems or a detailed review of chronic conditions.
What’s Included in a Well Woman Exam?
- General physical exam including breast exam
- Pelvic exam and Pap Smear (pap smear recommended for patients over age 21)
- Update of personal information such as life and work situation
- Review and update of family health history
- Update of current medications, herbs, and supplements
- Evaluation of need for health screening tests (such as mammogram, test for sexually transmitted diseases, and colon cancer screening)
- Update on certain immunizations
Please schedule a separate appointment if you have concerns that are not addressed during your Well Woman Exam. If you have a list of concerns or questions that you would like to discuss, new health care concerns or ongoing health problems that need more attention, please schedule another appointment. By doing so, we will be able to bill your insurance instead of creating more out-of-pocket costs for you in most cases.
- Check your insurance policy to make sure you are covered for yearly preventive medicine visits or Well Woman Exams/Women’s Health pap/pelvic/breast exam
- Most insurance plans allow for only one Well Woman Exam per year.
Medicare Has Limited Coverage For Preventive Services
- Medicare covers pap smears every two years, mammograms every year, colon cancer screenings, and routine vaccinations.
- If you are considered high risk, Medicare may cover annual pap smears.
Get A FREE Consultation Today
Get Healthy Today. Visit Our Store.