The Doctors and Providers of Sweetwater OB GYN Associates offer the most comprehensive care during the entire process of pregnancy, from the usual pregnancies to the high risk ones. This is why no matter what the status, or level of care needed, our state of the art facility offers a wide variety of in house procedures and modern ultrasound is one of the most common procedures we have available to you.
The ultrasound is a crucial process that our highly trained physicians and practitioners apply on a daily basis. We meticulously observe and possibly find any abnormalities or any preventive conditions that might develop during the gestational process. We are here to make you feel at home and it is in our best interest to offer our patients the latest ultrasound technology available in the field to give you the peace of mind you deserve. We will teat you like we treat each other or a family member.
At your ultrasound first visit you will have a detailed intake with the nurse and you will meet your doctor. You will receive an ultrasound on our 30 inch flat screen monitor and receive a keepsake picture of your baby. A pap smear and routine blood work will be performed.
- Color your hair
- Paint with an open window
- Exercise- Ask for guidelines
- Lifting up to 20lbs
- Sexual intercourse
- Flying until 36 weeks of pregnancy
- Traveling more than 2 hours away until 36 weeks of pregnancy
- TB test
- Flu shot (after 13 weeks of pregnancy)
- Attempt to eat a well balanced diet. Do not over eat sweets or carbs such as white rice, pasta, or breads. Small frequent meals with balanced protein, fat, and carbohydrates will keep blood sugar levels stable.
- Lemon drops and ginger can also help with nausea
- Do not eat swordfish, shark, mackerel, or tilefish
- 2 servings of fish such as salmon, catfish, and shrimp are acceptable and actually recommended
- Stay away from processed lunch meats and hot dogs unless heated
*Please refer to this list before calling the doctor’s office. Only call Doctor ON-CALL if it is a TRUE EMERGENCY.
**Our Physicians only have privileges at Oakbend Medical Center, Methodist Hospital Sugar Land, St Luke's Sugar Land and Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Hospital. All other facilities will not contact your physician.
|SYMPTOM||MEDICATION(FOLLOW DIRECTIONS ON BOX.)|
|Headache, Fever, Pain||Tylenol or Tylenol ES ONLY. *No Aspirin, Motrin, or Aleve.|
|Stuffy Nose, Headaches||Actifed, Benadryl, Saline Nasal Drops, Tylenol, Claritin, Pseudoephedrine.|
|Cough||Triaminic, Robitussin DM|
|Sore Throat||Chloraseptic, Cepacol|
|NOTE:||If you experience a sustained fever greater than 100.5 with any of the above symptoms, please call the office.|
|Heartburn, Gas||Mylanta, Tums, Maulax, Pepcid AC, Zantac|
|Constipation||Metamucil, Colace, Surfak, Citracel|
|Diarrhea||ImmodiumClear liquids for 24 hours
Call PCP for appointment. If diarrhea lasts 48 hours
Nausea, Vomiting Vitamin B6, Emmetrol, Clear liquids for 24 hours.
Call for appointment if it lasts 24 hours.
|Painful Urination||Please call office|
Round Ligament Pain is common and normal in the 2nd trimester. It is usually experienced as short lasting sharp pains on the sides of the lower abdomen or groin. It is caused by the stretching ligament that supports the uterus as it grows. It is a normal condition.
- At the time when the baby is most active, set aside one hour per day, once a day. Most often the baby will be most active in the early evening, but if the baby is most active in the morning, afternoon or in the middle of the night, use this time when the activity is the greatest.
- Sit on the couch, bed or sofa, and wait for the baby to move. Note the time on your watch or a clock with the first movement.
- Count 10 separate movements.
- After the 10th movement note the time
- If less than one hour has passed, the chances that the baby is doing fine is excellent. Resume your normal activities.
- If it takes longer than one hour for the baby to move 10 times, then repeat steps 2-4 for one more hour. If it takes longer than one hour to feel 10 movements, call our office at this time.
At Sweetwater OB GYN we are dedicated to provide the most comprehensive obstetric care based upon your health background. Our staff and experienced physicians have decades on the field that ultimately benefit each of our patients under any circumstances. We are here to make your pregnancy experience a remarkable each and every time. Call us today or make an appointment at 281-242-1400 and discover our state of the art facility and Ultrasound Technology that will make you feel at home surrounded by those you care.
Patient Portal facilitates better communication with your physician's office by providing convenient and secure access from the comfort and privacy of your home or office.
At Sweetwater OB GYN we are dedicated to provide the most comprehensive obstetric care based upon your health background. Our staff and experienced physicians have decades on the field that ultimately benefit each of our patients under any circumstances. We are here to make your pregnancy experience a remarkable each and every time. Call us today or make an appointment at 281-242-1400 and discover our state of the art facility that will make you feel at home surrounded by those you care.