At Sweetwater OB GYN associates we have a very special place for our expectant mothers, we know how challenging each individual pregnancy can be, that is why our main focus is the health and comfort of our patients, with individualized prenatal plans for each patient. Our staff and office provides that peace of mind so you can feel comfortable and confident with your care.
For more information please use the following tabs where each trimester is explained and remember if there is any other questions please call us at 281-242-1400 we will be happy to hear from you!
- Color your hair
- Paint with an open window
- Exercise- Ask for guidelines
- Lifting up to 20lbs
- Sexual intercourse
- Flying until 36 weeks of pregnancy
- Traveling more than 2 hours away until 36 weeks of pregnancy
- TB test
- Flu shot (after 13 weeks of pregnancy)
- Attempt to eat a well balanced diet. Do not over eat sweets or carbs such as white rice, pasta, or breads. Small frequent meals with balanced protein, fat, and carbohydrates will keep blood sugar levels stable.
- Lemon drops and ginger can also help with nausea
- Do not eat swordfish, shark, mackerel, or tilefish
- 2 servings of fish such as salmon, catfish, and shrimp are acceptable and actually recommended
- Stay away from processed lunch meats and hot dogs unless heated
*Please refer to this list before calling the doctor’s office. Only call Doctor ON-CALL if it is a TRUE EMERGENCY.
**Our Physicians only have privileges at Oakbend Medical Center, Methodist Hospital Sugar Land, St Luke's Sugar Land and Memorial Hermann Sugar Land Hospital. All other facilities will not contact your physician.
|SYMPTOM||MEDICATION(FOLLOW DIRECTIONS ON BOX.)|
|Headache, Fever, Pain||Tylenol or Tylenol ES ONLY. *No Aspirin, Motrin, or Aleve.|
|Stuffy Nose, Headaches||Actifed, Benadryl, Saline Nasal Drops, Tylenol, Claritin, Pseudoephedrine.|
|Cough||Triaminic, Robitussin DM|
|Sore Throat||Chloraseptic, Cepacol|
|NOTE:||If you experience a sustained fever greater than 100.5 with any of the above symptoms, please call the office.|
|Heartburn, Gas||Mylanta, Tums, Maalox, Pepcid AC, Zantac|
|Constipation||Metamucil, Colace, Surfak, Citracel|
|Diarrhea||ImmodiumClear liquids for 24 hours
Call PCP for appointment. If diarrhea lasts 48 hours
Nausea, Vomiting Vitamin B6, Emmetrol, Clear liquids for 24 hours.
Call for appointment if it lasts 24 hours.
|Painful Urination||Please call office|
Round Ligament Pain is common and normal in the 2nd trimester. It is usually experienced as short lasting sharp pains on the sides of the lower abdomen or groin. It is caused by the stretching ligament that supports the uterus as it grows. It is a normal condition.
- At the time when the baby is most active, set aside one hour per day, once a day. Most often the baby will be most active in the early evening, but if the baby is most active in the morning, afternoon or in the middle of the night, use this time when the activity is the greatest.
- Sit on the couch, bed or sofa, and wait for the baby to move. Note the time on your watch or a clock with the first movement.
- Count 10 separate movements.
- After the 10th movement note the time
- If less than one hour has passed, the chances that the baby is doing fine is excellent. Resume your normal activities.
- If it takes longer than one hour for the baby to move 10 times, then repeat steps 2-4 for one more hour. If it takes longer than one hour to feel 10 movements, call our office at this time.
Patient Portal facilitates better communication with your physician's office by providing convenient and secure access from the comfort and privacy of your home or office.
At Sweetwater OB GYN we are dedicated to provide the most comprehensive obstetric care based upon your health background. Our staff and experienced physicians have decades on the field that ultimately benefit each of our patients under any circumstances. We are here to make your pregnancy experience a remarkable each and every time. Call us today or make an appointment at 281-242-1400 and discover our state of the art facility that will make you feel at home surrounded by those you care.